If you are the kind of person who loves food, wine, great dining and beautiful books, we have a treat for you. We are incredibly chuffed to have 4 copies of the fabulous new book ‘The Pig: Tales and Recipes from the Kitchen Garden and Beyond’
(Octopus Publishing, HB £30) by Robin Hutson, Gill Morgan, Paul Croughton and THE PIG team) and one of them could be yours….
All you have to do is purchase a ticket to one of our masterclasses and you will be entered into our prize draw to win a copy. *
Packed full of beautiful pictures, great recipes, wine pairings and inspirational advice this book is one to savour as the long summer days start to fade.
The Pig is a stylish, practical guide to living the good life with tales and recipes from the kitchen garden and beyond.
Inside the pages of The Pig you will find:
- Classic recipes from rib of aged beef and shepherd’s salad to proper fish pie, porchetta and even a pink blancmange bunny.
- The Pig’s Guide to Pigs from identifying different cuts of meat to making your own sausages.
- How to pickle, forage and identify edible flowers and suggestions on how to bring the weird and wonderful vegetables, fruits and salads from the garden into the kitchen.
- Interior inspirations and how to recreate the comfort and elegance of The Pig at home covering everything from how to buy at car boot sales to the art of lighting.
- Spa treatments to soothe and relax and how to create a relaxation room of one’s own.
- Party tricks, from hosting your own festivals to summer feasts and winter gatherings, including creating the perfect playlist and the best recipes to cook outdoors.
- Recipes featured in the book include corned beef and coarse- grain mustard hash; chicory, braised fennel and apple salad; tomahawk pork chop with rainbow chard and mustard sauce; cylindra beetroot and horseradish toasts; spiced pear crumble; lemon and lime basil posset; lavender shortbread; and gooseberry tartlets – dishes packed full of flavour.
The Pig opened in 2011 in the New Forest and became an instant hit. A more relaxed take on the country hotel, The Pig’s unique selling point was, and still is, its kitchen garden which remains at the heart of each hotel.
Founded by Robin Hutson (who created Hotel du Vin and launched Lime Wood), his wife Judy Hutson (who is responsible for the interiors) and David Elton, The Pig’s litter has grown to six, with more on the way. The hotels have won a fervently loyal following and a string of industry accolades.
To enter our prize draw, you simply need to purchase a ticket for one of our fantastic masterclasses.
For Cardiff Masterclasses click here
For Cambridge Masterclasses click here
For London Masterclasses click here
For Manchester Masterclasses click here
*One lucky winner having purchased a masterclass ticket for the Cardiff Three Wine Men tasting will be selected at random on 30th September 2019 to receive a copy of The Pig recipe book. The winner will be notified by email and will be contacted to arrange delivery of the prize.
The prize is one copy of ‘The Pig: Tales and Recipes From the Kitchen Garden and Beyond’ (Octopus Publishing, HB £30) by Robin Hutson, Gill Morgan, Paul Croughton and The Pig team.
. The prize draw is open to residents of the UK aged 18 years and over only, strictly one entry per person. The draw is not open to employees of Three Wine Men, their families, suppliers, agents or associates. No purchase is necessary. The prize must be taken as offered and cannot be exchanged for a cash equivalent, nor is it transferable. The organisers’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Entry into the prize draw will be deemed as acceptance of these rules.
Closing date: 30th September 2019