Three Wine Men is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information.
- We will be transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with it.
- We will also use the information to help us understand you better and so that we can give you relevant information about events and offers.
- If you tell us, you don’t want to receive marketing messages we will stop sending them. If you have booked tickets to an event, we will, of course, continue to send essential information relating to that particular event.
- We will put in place measures to protect your information and keep it secure.
- We will respect your data protection rights and aim to give you control over your own information.
- We will not share your data with any third parties.
- Three Wine Men Events Ltd never store any payment details for any customers.
Controller of personal information
If you have booked tickets for a Three Wine Men event through a ticket agency they will also be considered a “data controller” under European Union and UK data protection law. You can access the privacy policies of the tickets agencies via their own websites.
What do we mean by personal information?
Personal information means details which identify you or could be used to identify you, such as your name and contact details, your ticket bookings and purchase history. It may also include information about how you use our websites and mobile applications.
When does this policy apply?
Where we reference that others are data controllers in the sections ’Controller of Personal Information’ and ’Who do we share your personal information with?’ you should consult their privacy policies for further information.
Additional Terms and Conditions or policies may apply if you elect to take additional services from us or enter a competition linked to Three Wine Men and other third parties.
How can you keep your personal information secure?
We take great care to protect the personal information you provide to us. Here are some things you can do to keep your information secure.
Keep your booking reference confidential
When you make a booking, you will be given a booking reference. This will appear on the email confirmation or ticket of each person in your booking. You should always keep your booking reference confidential.
Giving your booking reference to others may allow them to access your booking details through our systems.
If you are booking with others and would not like your individual booking details to be accessible by them, you may prefer each person to make separate bookings.
When do we collect personal information about you?
We collect personal information about you:
- Whenever you book tickets to Three Wine Men events (whether these services are provided by us or by other companies or agents acting on our behalf)
- If you sign up to receive our enewsletter
- If you enter a competition organised by Three Wine Men or a partner of Three Wine Men.
You are always asked if you would like to receive further marketing information from Three Wine Men Events Ltd.
For additional details see ’What types of personal information do we collect and retain?’ below.
In addition, we may receive personal information about you from third parties, such as:
- Companies contracted by us to provide services to you such as ticket sales agencies.
- Companies who provide details to us under privacy polices providing information to be shared with Three Wine Men Events Ltd.
What types of personal information do we collect and retain?
When you use our services, you will need to provide us with your personal details or the details of those individual(s) who will be attending events with you.
We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Information you provide for Three Wine Men Events Ltd to complete and manage a booking you have made with us or a service you have requested from us. This normally includes: Name, Email address, City of event attending, other attendees on your booking.
- Information about events you have attended in the past.
- Information about online registration and other interactions.
- We may also ask information about you to provide demographic profiles of the visitor group for each event to exhibitors. You will always be given the option not to provide this information and any information collected will be kept anonymous and confidential. Specific details about individuals will never be disclosed – only overall demographics profiles for all visitors to an event.
What do we use your personal information for?
The main purposes for which we use your personal information are:
- To fulfil your event booking arrangements and deliver the services you have asked for.
- To send status updates and service communications to you.
- To help keep you safe when you attend our events and to meet certain legal and regulatory requirements which apply to Three Wine Men Events Ltd
- To provide services tailored to your requirements and to treat you in a more personal way.
- To carry out analysis and market research.
- To carry out marketing including online advertising and keep you informed of Three Wine Men events and services.
- To undertake targeted advertising.
- To send you status updates and service communications.
- To improve our websites, products and services.
- For management and administrative purposes.
When will we send you marketing
When we collect information directly from you we may ask you if you do not want to receive our marketing communications. Please be aware that we do sometimes send marketing communications that promote a third party’s products and services (for example, those of our business partners) as well as our own.
We may ask if you consent to receiving marketing communications from other members of our group or from third parties.
We will respect your choice as to what communications you wish to receive and how these are sent.
How can you change what marketing communications you receive and how you receive them?
If you decide you would no longer like to be sent marketing communications, you can change your mind at any time. The ways to stop being sent marketing communications are described below:
- Click unsubscribe on email communications
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask to be removed from our database(s)
Please note that if you tell us that you do not wish to be sent further marketing communications, you will still receive service communications (as described above) which are necessary, for example, to confirm your booking or to provide you with an update on a future event you are attending. If you ask us to stop sending marketing communications, please note we will retain your personal information for the purposes of indicating that you do not want to receive marketing communications.
What is our legal basis for using your personal information
Three Wine Men Events Ltd will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reason or reasons Three Wine Men Events Ltd collected and needs to use your information. Under EU and UK data protection laws in almost all cases the legal basis will be:
- Because we need to use your information so that we can process your booking and otherwise perform the contract we have with you.
- Because it is in Three Wine Men’s legitimate interests as an event organiser to use your personal information to operate and improve our business as an event organiser.
- Because Three Wine Men Events Ltd needs to use your personal information to comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect the vital interests of you or another person.
- Because you have consented to Three Wine Men Events Ltd using your information for a particular purpose.
If processing of your data is subject to any other laws, then the basis of processing your data may be different to that set out above and may in those circumstances be based on your consent in all cases.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will keep your information for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, where you book an event with us we will keep the information related to your booking, so we can fulfil the specific event arrangements you have made and after that, we will keep the information for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to the booking. The information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us.
We will actively review the information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or customer need for it to be retained.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We will not share your personal information with third parties.
You will only be sent marketing emails from other companies if you have given specific consent and opted in to receive information from them ie you have entered a competition at a Three Wine Men event and have opted in to hear from the competition sponsor.
Requesting a copy of your personal information
Under the UK Data Protection Act 1998, you may request a copy of any personal data about you held by Three Wine Men Events Ltd. There is no fee for this request.
The request must be in writing and must contain the following:
- Your name and postal address.
- Details of your request.
- Any details which may help us locate the information which is the subject of your request, for example:
– Booking reference and dates.
You must also provide:
- A photocopy of your passport or driving licence, so that we can verify your identity.
- Your signature and the date of the request.
- If you are applying on behalf of another person then signed authority from the individual is required.
Please send your request to:
Three Wine Men Events Ltd
Data Protection Officer
St Ann St
What are your legal rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you?
Under data protection laws in the European Union and the UK, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information. Responses to exercise your rights will be provided within one month and generally there is no fee for making these requests. If your request is particularly complicated we may extend the deadline for responding to three months, but we will let you know if this is the case.
We will handle all requests in accordance with applicable law. However, depending on the right you wish to exercise, and the nature of the personal information involved, there may be legal reasons why we cannot grant your request. Further explanation of those rights and the exceptions to them are set out below.
Details of how to exercise your rights are set out in the section below “How can you exercise your legal rights and change how we use your data?
Your rights include the following:
- You may request us to stop sending you marketing. To see how to change your permission to market please refer to the section “What marketing will we send you?”. If you do so we will no longer be able to send you marketing communications. However, if you subsequently book to attend an event with us we will need to send you communications about the services you have booked. These communications will help you get the most from the services we provide and may also contain options and other details about the services you will be using.
- You may request us to stop using your personal information where we are doing so under legitimate interests (see the section “What is our legal basis for using your personal information” for examples of when that applies) unless it is needed for dealing with legal claims or we have other compelling legitimate reasons that override your rights.
- You may request us to stop processing of your personal information for marketing purposes including analytics for the purposes of targeted marketing, including online advertising.
- You may access the personal information we hold on you.
There are some limited exceptions to this right, such as information relating to others who have not consented to the disclosure of their information and information which is legally privileged. Please see “Accessing your personal information” below for more details.
- You may ask us to correct your personal information (the ‘right of rectification’) if that information is inaccurate. How to do this see section on “How can you change what marketing communications you receive and how you receive them?”
- You may ask for personal information which identifies you to be erased (or forgotten).
To do this we will remove the information that identifies you from the data we hold in our active systems (“anonymise”). However, a separate and restricted copy of the identifying information will be kept for 7 years to meet the obligations we have to law enforcement, national authorities and legal proceedings.
- We may need to retain certain elements that relate to a contract between you and Three Wine Men Events Ltd because we need it for our own legal and auditing purposes (for more information on the basis on which we process your personal information see the section “What is our legal basis for using your personal information?”).
- A record of your request including the personal information you supplied will be retained in the application used to carry this out for 3 years.
- We cannot erase your personal information if we have identified that you either have an open complaint with us or we hold a previous case for you within the past 6 years. We are required to retain this information in case there is a need to re-open the complaint.
How to get in touch with us
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact email@example.com.
We work hard to handle your information responsibly. If you are unhappy about the way we do this, please contact Three Wine Men Events Ltd who will address your concerns.
We hope that we will be able to resolve any concerns you may have.
However, you have a right to complain to the UK’s Supervisory Authority for data protection, the Information Commissioner at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Last updated: May 2018
© Three Wine Men Events Ltd