Sicilian Wine & Pasta Evening
Sicily, the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea, is one of the most exciting wine regions in Europe, blessed with a combination of abundant sunshine, varied terroirs and good indigenous grapes.
Indulge in a truly Italian experience by joining Oz Clarke for this E-Wine Men virtual wine tasting and discover the world of Sicilian organic wine accompanied by a gourmet pasta box.
The Wine People is run by Stefano Girelli, whose family has been at the heart of Italian winemaking for three generations and who have been championing organic wines for over a decade. Their heartland is Sicily which has a climate perfectly suited to organic viticulture.
When you book we will arrange to have the following wine package sent to you from The Wine People:
- Cortese la Selezione Senia Nero d’Avola 2016 – Dark fruit, balsamic, liquorice and carob with intense tannins.
Situated in Ragusa, this producer has a rich history in winemaking and embraces traditional winemaking, such as terracotta amphorae and open-top fermenters.
- Santa Tresa Cerasuolo di Vittoria 2018 – Morello cherries, caramel and soft tannins leading to a long finish.
From an ancient estate situated in Vittoria, comprised 50 hectares with roots going back to 1697.
- Purato Catarratto Pinot Grigio 2019 – Tropical fruit notes combine with citrus and refreshing acidity.
Grown in organic vineyards in the Trapani area, which is north of Marsala, to the extreme west of the island this wine is #GreenToTheExtreme as it ticks every sustainable box – the wines are organic, carbon-neutral and vegan-friendly.
Plus a fresh gourmet pasta box for two from Pasta Evangelists: either
Pasta Evangelists is inspired by the simple mission of the founder Alessandro – to bring the freshness and quality of the pastificio-style pasta he grew up making by hand with his nonna in Italy to British kitchens.
PRICE : £50 & £10P&P delivered directly to your door [to arrive by Wed 4th Nov]!
Access to the Zoom webinar is included in the package price, and a Zoom link will be sent to you 24hours before the event.
[or, if you just fancy logging in but without the tasting package, access to the webinar alone is £10 per device]
Other things to look out for
How the virtual event works
Virtual Zoom tasting
- We have paired up with The Wine People and Pasta Evangelists so you can get the three wines plus a pasta dish for two delivered to you at home to taste alongside Oz. Your place at the tasting is included in the price of the wines. The virtual tasting will be hosted on Zoom.
- Your Zoom invitation with a link will be emailed to you 24 hours before the tasting using the email address used to process your purchase
- Your screen name must match your booking with us so that we can ensure the best possible online security for all involved
- If the email with the link has not arrived 24 hours before tasting please check your spam folder and if not there then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your access code is unique to your device, therefore, anyone not visible on our list of purchasers will not be allowed to enter the tasting